These photos illustrate a neat little bit of Coca-Cola history. Each gives a step-by-step instruction to their truck drivers for the proper delivery of bottled Coca-Cola to a customer’s vending machine. It’s very interesting to see the procedures of the time, as well as the setting and other vending devices that were used. Note the driver’s uniform as well, he looks presentable enough to enter any business establishment. (We apologize, but Step 2 seems to have gotten misplaced over the years.)
The machine featured in these photos is a Mills 47-N. It was manufactured from 1939 to 1945 and has a 104-bottle vending capacity. It has the distinctive cathedral top and two-tone (red and green) paint. This machine was made by the Mills Novelty Company of Chicago, Illinois, the largest manufacturer of coin-operated machines until they closed in 1953.