Vintage Cups, Glasses and Mugs
In our blogs, we’ve been featuring a different promotional or corporate restaurantware product made over the years. This is another in the group of cool retro cups, glasses or mugs from our large collection. Here we’ll be sharing what we’ve learned about it and we welcome your additional input and comments.
The Orange Crush Company was incorporated in 1916 by Clayton J. Howel of Los Angeles, California. He had previously introduced the successful soft drink syrup, Howel’s Orange Julep. He worked with his partner, Neil C. Ward to perfect the formula for a new and improved orange-flavored soft drink. Their invention was introduced as Ward’s Orange Crush. Today the Orange Crush brand is owned by the Dr Pepper Snapple Group in Plano, Texas.
This glass was made by the Federal Glass Company, as shown by the cap “F” and shield marking on the base. Federal Glass began using this marking after 1930. It reads, “Orange-Crush Fruit Flavored Beverage”. This type of glass was used at soda fountains in the 1930s. The line across the base indicated the amount of syrup to be added to the glass. Then the carbonated water would be added to finish the drink.
Federal Glass Company